Thursday, October 23, 2014

Whoopsie

So, I'm sure none of you are surprised that the whole "I'm gonna blog everyday!" thing didn't last more than what, 2 days?  I'd apologize, but I'm not sorry.  ha!  Life happens.  Stuff gets in the way.  Sundays are my only guaranteed days with Darik so, I doubt I'll ever blog on Sundays and well, lemme tell ya what's been going on instead of telling you why I haven't blogged.

Monday was fine.  I didn't have kids that day so I decided it was going to be the day that I cleaned house from top to bottom.  I cleaned from 8 am until about 1ish.  Then, I facetime'd a friend for awhile, and by that time, I finished up the little bit of stuff I had left to do and it was time to get the kids.  I was whupped after I put the kids to bed so, needless to say, they went to bed, I had a snack, and I went to bed as well.

Tuesday morning, Madelyn wakes up and says her gums feel weird.  I kinda brush it off because this is the first time I've heard about it.   I tell her that she's probably just getting some molars and we'd wait and see.  She takes a shower, morning goes on, I decide I'd better look and see.  Well, it's not the back of her mouth, it's the middle.  I knew she had a cavity, I wasn't sure where and well, it's a baby tooth, I wasn't overly concerned about it.  It is now of course abscessed.  Not only is it abscessed, but she has a cold sore on her gums.  I had to go to the school after she ate lunch, gave her some Advil and we had a dentist appointment set up for 315.  We go to the dentist...which she's petrified of, did I mention that?...and they want to get an X-ray.  First of all, she's 6.  She has a small mouth.  Odds are good you aren't going to be able to use an adult sized X-ray thingie on her.  Second, did I mention she's petrified of the dentist?  the X-ray results in her bawling because she's scared.  They don't get a good picture (surprise) and then when the dentist comes in she's questioning me about how long the tooth has been like that, when did she start complaining about it...blah, blah, blah (totally charlie brown's teacher going on in my head).  Then I got pissed.  How dare they insinuate that I let this get to the point where they want to do a root canal on her tooth??  So, me and my big mouth, I tell the dentist, "well, she just started complaining about it this morning and she's never once said it hurts.  She says it feels weird.  She never has said it hurts and this morning was the first time I've ever even heard of it."    They tell me she needs to be on antibiotics for 10 days before they'll even do anything to it.  Fine.  They want to do a pulp treatment, she's had one done before...it's essentially a root canal on a baby tooth.  I don't know that I want to spend that much money on a tooth she's going to lose anyway.  Calm me cheap, whatevs.  I go to Walgreen's by the dentist...there are SEVEN people in the drive thru and the parking lot is packed.  Aw, hell, nah.  I decide to go the pharmacy by my parents' house.  They got it filled in 10 minutes.  Of course I got stuck behind every person going 10 mph BELOW the speed limit on my way there.  Go get Emma and my ILs and well, that's just another story for another time. :)

Tuesday night Madelyn was up every hour from 1230 on.  For various reasons.  Her tooth hurt (I get it's worse at night AND that tooth pain is the worst), she had a bad dream, she couldn't get comfortable, etc., etc.  I knew she'd probably wind up coming home from school and Wednesday but she was saying the pledge over the announcements Wednesday morning and she didn't want to miss that.  I got a call while I was getting groceries around 1130 that she was in the office and her tooth hurt.  I didn't hear my phone ring so I missed the call, they called Darik...because he can do a lot while he's at work...I hurry from Morris to go and get her and the little snot is LAUGHING on the car ride home from school.  I get it, it's tooth pain, but...you're not at school.  So, I made her lay down when the little girl I had here was taking her nap.  haha.  I showed her :p

Last night she was only up once at 230 asking for a reheat of her heating pad (I just make them myself) and some Advil/orajel.  I figured she should at least try to go to school today since they were getting out early.  930 I get the call.  So, she's home.  I figure, why fight keeping her at school.  They're out of school tomorrow (parent/teacher conferences) so, she'll have a few days to let the antibiotics work.

All of this going on on top of the normal chaos with babysitting and getting haircuts and blah, blah, blah...I'm ready for a weekend away.  Or a night.  Anything.

So, today, I'm baking.  These as a matter of fact.   I probably won't even eat any of them, but baking makes me feel better.  I'm stabbity, I have a crappy attitude, and well, no one deserves the tongue lashing that I could dish out today ;)

That's that.  That's why I've been kinda quiet.  The rest of the week and the weekend is jam packed as well.  I'll take a breather at some point...or crash...just how it goes this time of year.  I guess that's a good thing though because it keeps me from thinking and spiraling.


No comments: