Monday, October 5, 2009

What a weekend...

All I have to say is...Madelyn is truly my "give me a run for my money" child.

We wound up taking her back to the doctors on Thursday. They diagnosed her with Hand, Foot, and Mouth. That would explain the 102 fever she was running, right? Wrong. Friday night she started with a HORRIBLE cough. She was literally barking. So, first thing that runs through my mind is she's got croup. Yes, you guessed it, we were back to the doctors on Saturday morning. Her fever was 102.6 when she woke up that morning and the poor baby just laid in your lap. That is not my child. We were all supposed to go to Octoberfest that day but since it was raining and Madelyn was very obviously still sick, Mom and Lynn wound up going with me to take her to the doctors. Since it was Saturday, the place was a madhouse. Our appointment was at 10:50 and by the time we got out of there it was almost noon. Dr. heard her cough and said, "Yah, you could record that and play it for someone to let them know what croup sounds like." He thinks that what happened is she had allergy issues to begin with, caught a bug and that was what made her get croup. He gave me a prescription for an anti-inflammatory, some allergy medicine and told me to give her breathing treatments 3 times a day for the next 5 days. I'm thinking, ok, we'll drop the script off at Wal-Mart, since it's noon we'll go grab some lunch, and when we're done, I'll pick up her meds and we can go home. Should have known it wouldn't (or couldn't) be that easy. Drop off the script and go next door to Applebee's. Madelyn of course doesn't want to eat and is practically falling asleep in her highchair. Her fever is getting higher, but really, what can I do. We need the meds and are 1/2 an hour away from home. An hour goes by, I leave everyone at Applebee's so I can go get the meds before the pharmacy closes for 1/2 an hour for lunch. Get there, it's not ready yet. Dude tells me to wait 15 more minutes and it should be done. So, I go back and pick everyone up and we go back to WalMart. I leave them in the car and just run in. Get up to the counter and the pharmacy tech tells me I'm going to have to talk to the pharmacist. Wait my turn to talk to him...the rat bastard tells me that they couldn't fill my prescription. Excuse me?! I've been waiting for an hour and a half, my VERY sick child is outside in the car with a fever of almost 104 and you couldn't call my phone and tell me that an hour and a half ago? Are you freaking kidding me?! Needless to say, I went off on him. He tells me he couldn't fill it because they didn't have the name brand and he couldn't substitute generic without calling the doctor...was he in the office? Um, yah, asshole, he was an hour and a half ago, he's not now! So, I got my script back and went to Walgreens. The pharmacist there was super sweet and seriously filled my script in 10 minutes. Needless to say, I will not be frequenting the Super WalMart on Rt. 52 in Joliet, EVER again. Everytime I go there there's an issue with the pharmacy. So much for convenience, huh?

Madelyn's doing much better since Saturday though. We were fever free all day yesterday and the breathing treatments are helping SOO much. Now instead of her cough being barky, it's really breaking up and you can tell she's starting to feel better. I'm hoping when she finally wakes up this morning, we're still on the mend.''

Emma wound up going with my mom to Octoberfest even though I couldn't go. I guess she was kind of afraid of the "characters" (the big things dressed up) but she had fun anyway. They went to the petting zoo and she got to see the Jesse White Tumblers. I was kinda sad that I didn't get to go with her but I'm glad she got to go anyway.

Darik's got another busy week this week. I know I should be thankful that he's got such a great job but, oye, it's gonna be a long summer.

Other than that, I don't have much today. We're going to have a busy week. Tonight Emma has tumbling. I need to pick up Mads' meds that weren't in stock, but I think that's gonna have to wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow we'll pick up the meds and hit up Target. Wednesday Emma and I have dentist appointments. Thursday we have Madelyn's 18 month check up/follow up (I swear, I'm going to set up a cot there). Oye. I'm tired just thinking of it all!

One of my very, very, very favoritist digiscrap designers is having a creative team call and I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear if I've made it or not. I know, I can hear Whit I need another creative team, but um, I would die to get a spot on her team. Wish me luck!!!

Until next time...


Faye said...

*hugs* I'm so glad M is getting better, and I wish I could come kick that pharmacist for you! Best of luck on the call, but I'm sure you don't need it, you are so talented that they'd probably kill to have you on their CT!! One of these days, you're going to have to explain to me exactly what one does on a CT, I see all these calls on PDP and I am totally clueless LOL! :D

Giseli Freitas said...

I sent you a PM through The Digichick forums to your Mystery LO Praise Game prize. Check out you mail for the link. :)
Thank you! :)

Whit said...

My poor Emma V.2.0 :( I'm glad she's starting to feel better, and ,well, ya a=know how I feel about Wal-Mart--they're all suckish no matter where they're located :P

And no, I'm the one who doesn't need another CT, I can barely keep up the ones I have(yet here I sit debating on sending my app in for one) You just amaze me with yours--I don't know how you find the time :P

listgirl said...

Congrats on making that CT! I'm gonna guess it's KCB!