Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Yet another fun week...

I'm really not Debbie Downer, I swear. It just seems like we go along really good for awhile and then BAM...Fit hits the shan.

Madelyn now has bronchitis. She started having a really loose cough on Monday but I figured it was just all the croup crap breaking up. Well, yesterday she started again with the fever. Red flag for me. She was coughing so much she was vomiting, she didn't sleep last night...fun times. Doctor almost immediately confirms she has bronchitis, just by looking at her. Gives me a round of antibiotics, on top of the breathing treatments and allergy medication and tells me that if this doesn't work the next step is to put her in the hospital for a couple days. The only other breathing treatments they could give her have to be observed in the hospital because her heart could race. Super, right? Oye. Once this all clears up, he wants to put her on a preventative allergy medication so that this doesn't happen again. As long as she's healthy, we're good. When she gets sick, she just can't shake it. If we can go a month on the allergy meds with no real sicknesses, we're going to call it good. If that doesn't work, the next step is to go back to the ENT and talk about possible removal of the adnoids. This poor kid. She's totally got the Wilson curse.

Other than that noise...not much else has been going on.

OHOHOHOH...remember that CT I was talking about...I MADE IT!!! I seriously wanted to wet myself I was so excited!

I've got so much crap to do around here, I had to sit down and eat lunch (at 2 PM) and get my thoughts together before I did anything else. I still have to finish putting groceries away!

Until next time...

2 comments:

Faye said...

Ohhh, poor Mads! Big giant hugs to her, and you! I hope this is something she will outgrow soon and won't be icky with allergies all her life. And mondo congrats on making that CT you wanted!! You rock!! :D

listgirl said...

So sorry that Mads is so sick lately! I hope she's on the mend now.