Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Punkers Update

Oye. SO glad to be home and sitting in my chair! What a morning we had. I gotta give it my girl Madelyn though, she is most definitely a trooper!

Woke the babe up about 7:15. Just enough time to run out the door and keep her from thinking about anything to eat or drink. I had let her have a cheese stick and a glass of milk before she went to bed last night (about 45 min. later than usual) so I was hoping she wouldn't be famished like normal. She did soooo well on the way up there. Talking, looking out the window and laughing, playing with my mom...your typical Mads. We get up there and the nurses and staff are SUPER nice. I take her in back to get her all checked in, they tell me that the anesthesiologist and dr. should be in shortly to talk with me, blah, blah, blah...the usual rigamarole. 9:30 rolls around, still not doctor. 10:00 rolls around, still no doctor. FINALLY after the nurses had paged him three times, the doctor shows up at 10:30. My poor baby did so well. She started getting antsy about 10, hell, I would have gotten antsy after waiting that long, so we went walking around the little surgical center and wouldn't ya know I ran into a girl I went to HS with who was there with her daughter who was getting her tonsild and adnoids taken out. Thank God for them. Madelyn sat in bed with her for a good 1/2 an hour and kept her entertained. Wound up being that the girl went to school with Kyle and Cody! Once we FINALLY got her back there it was a piece of cake.

I went out in the lobby to call Darik and tell him we had finally gotten started, then gave Lynae a call to complain (of course) and the doctor came out. She wound up having a lot of fluid behind her left ear drum, like we thought, so they had to drain that first but he said the surgery went really well. He said if she doesn't start walking within the next 2 weeks he'd be very surprised. Her equillibrium had to have been off due to all that fluid. She only cried for about 5 minutes after she came out of anesthesia, and I am SO thankful for that. Emma did not do well with anesthesia and I was prepared for the worst. After she got over the initial "I'm dying of thirst/hunger," she was her normal self., laughing it up, wanting to go to all the nurses, and wanting to play. We went to my mom's, let her eat some lunch, and then I brought her home where she immediately went down for a nap. So far, she's been sleeping for about an hour and a half. I'm hoping she stays content. Little booger even let me put her ear drops in with no complaints!

That's all for now. I'll keep ya'll posted (if you're interested). Until next time...


Faye said...

Oh, I'm sorry they were off to such a slow start, what a bunch of asshats! But kudos to you all for keeping her calm, and I am SOOOOO glad things went so well!! I was thinking of you very hard this morning! xoxoxo

Erin said...

oooohhh.....what a day!

I'm glad it all turned out well...keep us updated on how she is doing!