Thursday, April 30, 2009

What a day!

The past couple days Madelyn has been kind of crabby. I can see two more teeth coming in and didn't think anything of it. Well, last night she started running a fever. I think, great, another ear infection. So, this morning, she woke up earlier than normal, totally crabby and she has a fever. I give her some ibuprofen about 9 AM and when I went to lay her down about noon she still had a fever...even with the ibuprofen. She slept for about 45 minutes and woke up...so not Madelyn. I had made her an appointment before I laid her down since she still had a fever, but the "nap" was my final straw. I totally knew she had an ear infection. I take her to the doctors and sure enough. Another freaking ear infection. Since this is her fifth one in 4 months....we get to take a trip to the ENT's. She goes on May 12th for the audiology testing. I'm not entirely sure how they'll do that with a 13 month old baby but hey, whatever. Then on the 14th we go for her consultation. I'm not sure if it'll just be an out patient deal or what but, I'll admit, I'm a little scared. Granted, tubes will be TONS better than ear aches every 2 weeks but still, it scares me.

So, remember that friend I had that went into rehab? Well, she's home now. I talked to her tonight for about 20 minutes and that's honestly the longest I've talked to her in probably 2 years. She sounded really good. She's been going to meetings every night since she's been home and can totally admit she's got a problem now. Gives me hope. I know it's only been a few days but I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt. She sounded really good and just like the "old" friend I had back in the day. She actually said that maybe she'd stop by with her kids tomorrow after the girls get home from school.

Ok, this post has taken me 20 minutes to write bc Grey's is on....I gotta watch!!

Until next time...

No comments: