Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday, Sunday. Sunday!

Whew! What a week/weekend it's been! I guess it's time for me to play catch up a little bit.

Thursday was lots of fun. Julie came over with Dominick and Sofia and the girls had so much fun with them. Sofia was a little cranky because she missed a morning nap but other than that the kids got along fairly well. It was nice to just get to sit and talk to Julie. She made me realize a lot of things about Madelyn that I hadn't really thought about. She was telling me how Sofia is on all table food...I never even thought about that with Madelyn. Silly Mommy! So, since Thursday night we've been giving her what we eat for dinner instead of baby food. She's done sooo well with it. Julie also said something about getting rid of bottles...totally made me realize my baby is almost one! That made me so sad! I thought I'd be happy that we're out of that baby blob stage, but it's so bittersweet. I DEFINITELY don't want any more babies but the fact that we're officially done with it all just made me sniffle a little. Madelyn's at that super fun stage now. She totally interacts with everyone and she will just sit and play for hours by herself. Darik actually said to me yesterday, "You know, she's so not a baby anymore." :( Memories....LOL My point was, we're down to just a bottle before her afternoon nap and a bottle at bedtime. I'm hoping to get rid of the afternoon bottle sometime this coming week. We'll probably work on the bedtime bottle the following week. She does really well with the straw cup so I'm hoping it's an easy transition like it was with Emma. That being said, nothing with Madelyn has been the "same" as with Emma so I'm guessing she'll give me a run for my money.

Friday we didn't do a whole lot. We did have cake and ice cream at Emily and Erik's house for Christopher. It's crazy to think that he's 10 years old. When Darik and I started dating he was only 2! Gawd, that made me feel old! Emma had a fantastic time playing with Ryan and Madelyn loved crawling around and walking to everybody. Of course when it was time to leave Emma melted. She was tired and didn't want to leave Ryan, and she definitely let everyone know that!

Yesterday was busy, busy, busy. I told Mom I'd go with her to WalMart since I had to go drop off the house payment. Well, Lisa had dropped off Skylar at my Mom's. No big deal, she's a HUGE help with Emma. It just made our WalMart trip forever long. Skylar needed her hair cut SO bad so we got it done there. After we dropped off Mom and Sky, we had Keigan's birthday party. It's always so nice to get to hang out with my "boat friends." I love Lynae, we talk all the time, but we don't get to see each other that often. Breleigh and Madelyn are still pretty comparable in size...in fact, Mads is a little bit bigger. They were so cute playing together. Emma loved playing outside with all the kids there. We all (there were 5 of us) had kids at about the same time so when we all get together, there's definitely enough kids for them to play with. We left there about 3:30ish and headed home. Stopped at Faletti's on the way home and got some pork chops and poor boys. I was SOOo ready for the poor boys but Darik wanted pork chops. Since he was cooking on the grill, we got pork chops. After dinner Darik went and got Levi to play with Emma. Let's just say, by the time 7:30 came, I was so ready for baths and bedtime.

Today we're going to take a walk once Miss Mads wakes up from her much needed nap. It's supposed to be 60 here today and we've all got cabin fever so bad. Emma's excited to ride her "three wheeler" so it should be fun. Tonight we've got dinner at Darik's parents house. Today is his 33rd birthday. Old man! LOL

We're still dealing with Madelyn not sleeping through the night. I honestly don't know what to do. Most nights she gets up twice. I'll rock her back to sleep and she's fine. It's about a 20-30 min. ordeal each time. Well, last night, she was up four times (I think, I really lost track)!! She's never been a good sleeper so I've kind of just accepted it. I laid her down for a nap this morning, she woke up 20 minutes later, and I let her cry for about 5 minutes and she fell back asleep. I wonder if I should do this at night too? We did try letting her cry it out when I put her down for a nap (instead of rocking her) and um, lets just say it traumatized us all. She is too strong willed to even sort of do that. I hate complaining about it all the time but it really wears you down after awhile!

I suppose I should hop in the shower while I have the chance. Emma's getting really excited about our walk. Until next time...

No comments: