Thursday, January 1, 2009

Where does the time go?

I can not believe that 2008 has come and gone. I know everyone tells you this but time really does go so much faster the older you get. 2008 was a great year for us here in the Wilson household. Madelyn Grace came into our lives, Emma had to get adjusted to being a big sister but she made the transition fairly quickly, and she is seriously the best and most proud big sister ever. Madelyn just recently started crawling, and I think Emma is just as happy for her as we are! July brought Emma's 3rd birthday and Madelyn's baptism. We had a great day for the party, thank God since it was outside, and it was so great to have everyone at our house. We had our first ER visit in August. Poor Emma had to get stitches in her forehead after she hit the corner of a park bench while she was racing with Ryan. You can hardly see the scar now so she often forgets it even happened! September brought preschool for Emma. She was petrified to get on the bus at first but now she's so sad when she has a day off. October brought Halloween and the girls absolutely loved it this year. Emma was the scaredy cat I expected her to be, but Madelyn LOVED to watch all the kids go by in costumes. December was a rough month for us. On the 1st I had my surgery, my grandma passed away on the 15th, but it all ended happily with Christmas. I just can't believe how fast these kids are growing up and it's just never ending. Madelyn is soon to be 9 months old and Emma is so not even a little kid anymore *sniff sniff* It makes me sad just thinking that my little girls aren't going to be so "little" for long.

I sat home by myself last night...surprised? Madelyn was HORRIBLE with teething last night and she had a little bloody nose. I'm assuming it's because of the nasal aspirator because it stopped after awhile. I can finally see that blasted tooth cutting through so hopefully this'll stop soon. She's got her 9 month check up on the 6th so I'm hoping her cold is gone by then so she can get her shots...Lord knows I don't want to make another trip to Joliet just for shots. Emma was good all day yesterday. I wound up taking her for lunch (with Madelyn in tow of course) because she slept all night on Tuesday night. She loved that it was her special day...and I loved that she slept all night! She did get up last night but it was because the idiots down the street were letting off fireworks. Seriously? There are other people in this neighborhood who DON"T stay up till midnight for New Years. Darik went out to the hunt club, surprise, surprise, and ate dinner out there and what not. I'll be so glad when hunting season is over and I get my husband back. I've just about had it with him not being home and I'm thisclose to saying something. I have this cold that I just can't shake and I have a cyst on my eye...and sad as it is to say, the last thing I want to do when he gets home is have sex. He's half pissed up so of course he wants it but um, I've been home with a crabby infant all day and I'm freaking tired! Leave me alone!

Today we're going to my moms as soon as Madelyn gets up. Just to hang out. She wanted us to come over for breakfast but I couldn't wait that long to eat (I get sick if I do) and Emma just isn't a breakfast eater. Then tonight we are going to Darik's parents for "dinner." She's just doing finger foods...I hope there's something I can eat. I hope he makes it there in time. He's "working" at the hunt club today and he is NEVER home by 4:30 which is when she's having dinner. We'll see.

And with that I'm off, I hope you all have a very Happy New Year!

No comments: