Thursday, January 15, 2009

BRRRR!

Well, here we are, it's Thursday, January 15th, 2009. It's 9:07 AM and it is -17 degrees with a wind chill of -34. Anyone want to come visit me in IL? Luckily they cancelled school for Emma last night. I'm so glad they're not making the kids wait outside in this for the bus. She's kind of disappointed she doesn't have school again but it'll actually work out well for us. Her big eye appointment is today. I'm soo nervous about what they're going to tell me. If he does say that she needs surgery (which, I can't see how she wouldn't), we are most definitely making an appointment at Children's Memorial for a second opinion. Not that I don't trust the man but, I seriously don't want someone operating on my baby's eyeball if there are other options.

Emma slept all night last night...AND didn't cry when she went to bed! YAY!!! Threatening to take her toys away really did the trick. LOL I hate that that's what I have to do to get her to do stuff but, dang, I need to sleep too. Wouldn't you know, Madelyn got up last night though. I swear, if it's not one it's the other. I shouldn't complain because they are generally good kids but it's hard to "love" someone at 3 AM.

We officially need baby gates in this house now. There is NO containing Madelyn anymore. Darik was leaving this morning to go have breakfast with the guys and she just slithered her way into the kitchen after him. For someone who doesn't really crawl she is darn fast!

Onto something kinda fun....

My fellow CT member and "new" friend Christine dubbed my blog as fabulous! How cute is that? I met Christine being on the Pixel Gypsy Designs CT, and I just love that I got to know her a little better. She lives in California with her husband Todd and they are just the cutest couple. They go to all these fabulous places in San Diego, they are avid runners (and she takes some GORGEOUS photos out on those runs), and I just love to live vicariously through them...not to mention she's an awesome scrapper to boot! Anyway, now I'm supposed to name five things I'm addicted to:
  1. the internet...as sad as it is, I'm constantly checking all my different sites
  2. bad reality tv shows. I actually DVR shows like "Bad Girls Club" and "Rock of Love: Charm School"
  3. Digital scrapbooking, even though it's been 3 years, I still at least start a page once a day.
  4. Madelyn's smile. That girl could make anybody's bad day better.
  5. Emma's "loveability." She knows just the right thing to make anyone swoon. She is most definitely my tender heart
And pass on the Fabulous Blog Award to five people:
  1. Sheana - My BFF. Seriously. She's seen me through so much stuff and we've never actually met. Crazy huh? I never thought I'd be one of those "geeks" who met friends on the internet but she and I are seriously the same person. We have so many of the same quirks and crazy, irrational thoughts and I love her for that. She doesn't get the chance to blog often but I love to read when she does.
  2. Whit - I know she doesn't blog often but I love to read about her and those crazy kiddos of hers. I've know Whit for a little over 4 years now (God, has it been that long?!) and I just love her honesty and she is another scrapper that I totally admire.
  3. Lor - She is our team leader over at PGD and let me just tell you, this woman has the best attitude on life of anyone that I have ever met. Plus, she has an Emma :o)
  4. Kara - Kara is a woman I've known for about 3 years. She has a son who is Emma's age and she has cystic fibrosis. She is such a strong woman in so many ways
  5. Faye - I don't have a blog address for her but I know she posts on her myspace page ;) Faye is another mom friend that I've known for 3 years now. We've had our share of ups and downs but I love her honesty and the fact that she's raising three kids. You've got to admire anyone who can do that! Plus, she was an awesome website that I just can't help but visit.
Anyway, I should probably go feed Mads her cereal for the morning. I need to go get groceries desperately but I don't know that I want to go out in this frigid weather to do it. I already have to go out once today. We'll see!

1 comment:

Faye said...

I was popping in to see if there was any news yet, and I saw my name made your list! *tear* You rock my socks, mama!