Saturday, January 24, 2009

...

So the past few days, well, not so much today seeing as how it's only 8 AM, I've had this overwhelming black cloud looming over my head. I hate boys. I know I have a pretty great husband in Darik, I really do, but some days he just ticks me off so bad. Ponder on this, I love this song.

If I Were A Boy
If I were a boy even just for a day I'd roll out of bed in the morning And throw on what I wanted And go drink beer with the guys And chase after girls I'd kick it with who I wanted And I'd never get confronted for it 'Cause they stick up for me If I were a boy I think I could understand How it feels to love a girl I swear I'd be a better man I'd listen to her 'Cause I know how it hurts When you lose the one you wanted 'Cause he's taking you for granted And everything you had got destroyed If I were a boy I would turn off my phone Tell everyone it's broken So they'd think that I was sleeping alone I'd put myself first And make the rules as I go 'Cause I know that she'd be faithful Waiting for me to come home, to come home If I were a boy I think I could understand How it feels to love a girl I swear I'd be a better man I'd listen to her 'Cause I know how it hurts When you lose the one you wanted 'Cause he's taking you for granted And everything you had got destroyed It's a little too late for you to come back Say it's just a mistake Think I'd forgive you like that If you thought I would wait for you You thought wrong But you're just a boy You don't understand And you don't understand, oh How it feels to love a girl Someday you wish you were a better man You don't listen to her You don't care how it hurts Until you lose the one you wanted 'Cause you're taking her for granted And everything you had got destroyed But you're just a boy

Don't you just wish that some days you could do whatever you want? Now, I love my daughters and I wouldn't trade my life with them for the world, but there are times when I just want to be the one who gets to go out drinking with my friends (haha, right? If you know me you know I'm SO not a drinker), or just go as I please and be gone all day long. Damn gender roles!

ANYWAY, not a whole lot is new around here. OHOHOH, I think I forgot to mention, I made Gallery Standouts the other day! Remember how I was saying that I'm glad I am doing ADSR this time around, well, one of the hardest layouts I've ever done got picked. I didn't take the death of Grandma so well, and this was the layout I did for a challenge.
So not something typical of me, but it was really great to get all that out, and I couldn't have been more honored that they picked one of my layouts. I feel like I've been digiscrapping forever but no one ever really notices my stuff. It was nice to get that recognition.

I can't believe I'm really going to type this but, I am 15 lbs away from being out the 200 lb mark!! Do you know how good that feels?? I got on the scale last night, Friday is my "weigh day," and I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw! Seriously, it's been about oh, 5 years since I saw anything that started with a 1. I was reading on a gastric bypass forum about this guy who had been at a stall for about 2 weeks. He had his surgery about 3 days after mine so I was curious to see how he was making out and what not. He had said that he was getting all his protein in but not drinking enough water...that SO sounded like me. I have a really hard time getting all my water in because I get doing something with the girls, doing stuff around the house, or just plain spacing out. I figured I'd give it a try. So, the past three or four days I've been making sure I get at least 64 oz of water in, if not more, and I'll be damned if it hasn't worked. Not only do I feel better but the weight's coming off again. Maybe what all those doctors say is right? *giggle*

Well, I'd better go hop in the shower. I have to take Emma to go get some shoes today and I need a few groceries. Darik and I are going out for dinner tonight, first time since my surgery, so I need to make sure there's enough snacks in the house while I'm gone. Emma's a TANK!

No comments: