Monday, December 15, 2008

Not the start to a good week

So, I get a call from my dad before 7 AM this morning. My Grandma Maland passed away early this morning. We all knew it was coming, she's been in a nursing home with dementia for awhile now but it's still so devastating. The part that really eats me up inside is that just last week Emma was asking me to "go see Grandma Maland where Chris works (BIL's gf)," and we didn't go. I know I had no way of knowing, it just kind of makes me feel even worse about not going to see her more. I'm guessing the wake and funeral won't be until later in the week. My Uncle Mike's side of the family just had a major devastation with a car accident so they have the funerals and wakes for that as well. I can see it's going to be a long week already.

1 comment:

Faye said...

*hugs* you have my sincerest condolences, Laura. <3