Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's about that time

*continuation of my previous post*

I've come to the conclusion that it is definitely time for Darik to go back to work. We do really well when he's working. We're not with each other 24 hours a day, we each get our much needed "me" time, and he gets away from the chaos of the house. Today we had one of our "mini-explosions." You all know what I'm talking about, when your husband gets mad at you for something but it's really not that something...it's because he's annoyed about something else. Yup. Happened today. He does not do well with being home. He's one of those people who needs to be doing something all the time. Now, I used to be like this but I'm in "stay at home mommy" mode now and I'm content with sitting in the house for days on end. This does not mesh well with us. Never has, never will. I asked him if he could stay with Madelyn for a few minutes this afternoon so I could go get a coffee. Well, he started throwing a little fit about "how am I ever supposed to get the floor done when I have to babysit all the time, or this kid's napping, or I don't have the parts I need." Now, first off, I HATE when he says he has to babysit. You don't babysit your own kids. Period. They're your kids, sometimes you're going to have to sacrifice what you're doing (while you're LAID OFF) and watch them. The only one who wakes up when he's doing stuff is Madelyn...and at that point she was awake. So, he goes to get my coffee...but first he stops at Erik's house. So about 2 hours later he comes home with it. He comes in, sits in the chair for awhile, I tell him that he can work on the floor even though Emma's sleeping because it's not going to wake her up anyway. He sits for about 1/2 an hour and then announces he's going to his buddy's house. Ok. Now, who's fault is it that the floor's not done? Mine? Alright. We'll go with that. I really do love the man with all my heart, and things have been so great lately...but it's most definitely time for him to go back to work!

I go tomorrow for my 3 month check up. It just kills me that it's been 3 months already! I'm kind of nervous to see the results of my blood work, just because I know I'm not eating as much as I should be. I just physically can't. I'm at the dreaded point where I've started losing my hair. Which in my case, isn't such a bad thing. I have REALLLLLY thick hair so I'm guessing it's not going to make a huge difference. It's just more of a pain than anything else. They say hair loss is pretty typical from 3-6 months. I can't wait to see my "official" weight loss and I can't wait to find out the problem is with my side. I've been having a pain in my lower left side, almost where my ovaries are. I emailed Cherrish (Darik's cousin and the nurse) today to ask her what she thought it could be and she said it's probably more scar tissue forming, but to ask Dr. Joyce tomorrow. Sometimes it really hurts, other times it doesn't. I always freak out thinking it's my gall bladder since it's pretty common for GB patients to have to have theirs removed.


Until next time...

No comments: