Tuesday, February 24, 2009

When it rains it pours

Oye vay. So much has been going on here. First off, Madelyn was sick all last week. She had her first ear infection, poor baby. She'd been not sleeping off and on for about a week (and if you know me, you know I need my sleep) so none of us in the house were happy. I noticed she was pulling on her ear and when she was in her car seat sitting up right, she'd sleep fine. SO, I took her to the doctor and lo and behold, she had fluid behind her ears and an ear infection. Thanks Daddy! Darik has horrible ears so I'm guessing she's going to be just like him in that respect too. We finally got her back to normal about Friday last week. I'm so glad my happy go lucky baby is back. I missed her so much. It's crazy how much we all take that for granted, until she's sick. Speaking of Miss Mads, she's cruising on EVERYTHING now. Makes me excited, but sad at the same time. I really can't call her a baby anymore. I also got her party all set up. It's going to be on her birthday, Sunday, April 5th, at Godley Park District from 1-3. It's just so much easier for us to have the 1st birthday party there. Our house is definitely not big enough and April is just such an up in the air time for weather. That's a HUGE weight off my shoulders. Now I just have to make her invitations! LOL

Darik is leaving this afternoon for a few days. He's going on a hunting trip with the guys and will be home on Thursday evening. I'm really going to miss him. He helps me so much with the girls, especially at night. I know they'll miss him too...it's bound to cause some disruption in sleep patterns I'm sure. Plus, I hate sleeping in that big bed all by myself.

Now that we've got Mads feeling better, of course Emma is sick. I feel so bad for her too. They were going on a field trip for school today and she's been talking about it for a week. She came home yesterday saying she didn't feel good. By last night she had a 103 fever, was coughing something horrible, and was even throwing up. So, I'm going to take her to the dr's this morning. If it's not one kid it's another. I know that strep is going around so I'm hoping that's not what it is.

Lisa had her baby last night. We all thought she was due at the end of March...so, she was a month early. They named little missy Maia Josephine. Josephine was my grandma's middle name. She weighed 6 lbs 9 oz and was 19 inches long. Mom says she looks just like Skylar did when she was a baby. I guess one good thing about Jimmy being Korean is that he can never deny the kids are his! LOL They all look EXACTLY like him. So now, Mom is a grandma to 7. I just hope Lisa is a little better about letting her see Maia than she was about Aiyden.

Not much has been going on with me. I've been scrapping like a fool lately. I decided to get involved with the Sweet Shoppe's challenges and I'm TOTALLY loving it. I applied for the DigiDares Team, and I'm trying not to get my hopes to high about it. Other than that, not a whole lot new here.

I'll try to blog every day from now on. It's always so nice to get a little release with my writing.

No comments: