Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday...already?

Well, I shouldn't complain, it's Monday, but of course no one has school or work today.

Yesterday turned out to be a pretty good day overall. Madelyn slept all night Saturday night (surprise, surprise) so I felt MUCH better yesterday. I got TOOONS of scrapping done which was nice. It's not too often that I can sit and scrap for the majority of the day. Madelyn was extremely whiny again yesterday so I've decided that I'm going to take her to the dr's again today. She's having such a hard time sleeping and drinking her bottle, I almost wonder if she doesn't have an ear infection or even fluid behind her ears. She was up a lot again last night so we've got to do something. Even if they just tell me to suck it up, I can at least say I tried.

Darik and I got to go out for a much needed date night last night. We went to Shoe Carnival so I could get a couple pairs of shoes and he got some tennis shoes. Then we went to Lone Star for dinner. I can now say I've had my first "weird" restaraunt situation after my surgery. We sat down and I ordered my iced tea, and then couldn't decide if I wanted soup or some filet medallions. I decided on the soup because I'm weird about leftovers and figured they would never get eaten anyway. The waitress says to me after I order my soup, "Is that all you want?" "Yes, that's all I want. You can just bring it with his meal. Thanks!" So, we wait FOREVER for our food to come and I had drank all my tea. She comes back to our table to refill our drinks and I tell her that I don't need a refill. Again I get, "Are you sure?" I grin and say, "Yes, I'm sure." I really wanted to look at her and say, "Bitch, I don't want any more tea, I can't drink with my meal and I can't drink for about 45 minutes afterwards, so, no, I don't want any more effing tea!" Our meal comes, I eat the steak out of my soup and some of the veggies but wound up leaving probably half of it. She came back like 2 or 3 times and continued asking me if I wanted a refill! I waited for Darik to finish eating and then decided I had to go potty before we left. As I was coming out of the bathroom I saw a girl I used to work with at the boat and have kept in contact with. We chatted for awhile and I finally decided I'd better go back to Darik so he didn't think I fell in. LOL When I got to the table he was gone! I found him and as we were walking out he told me that the waitress came to the table to clear it off and said, "Did your wife not like her soup?" Now, I know she was just being concerned but, honestly, what business is it of hers? Don't get me wrong, I'm not ashamed of the fact that I had gastric bypass but I don't feel like I need to explain that to someone every time I go out to eat. Anyway, I knew that would happen at some point, I just didn't know I'd get so annoyed by it. LOL

Today will probably be an uneventful day. Not that I'm complaining. Darik is FINALLY feeling better so he's gone already this morning doing "stuff." He was laid up all weekend with some sort of bug. I honestly think he was up 4 hours Friday and Saturday. He finally got some gumption to get up yesterday about noon. Like I said, I'm going to try to get Mads in to the doctors and we'll probably go to Wal-Mart with my mom. She said she'd go with me to take her to the doctor and I know she needs to stop there. Other than that, I got nothing. I will say that I'm SO glad Emma goes back to school tomorrow. Ready for that story??

Last night Matt (Darik's brother) watched the girls for us because his mom hurt her back again and wasn't going to be able to lift Madelyn. He of course brought Levi over, no big deal, Emma was so excited to play with him. Now, I must preface this with the fact that Emma and Levi have a love/hate relationship. They have their good days where they play well together, but about 90% of the time they fight like brother and sister. I guess it's to be expected since they've grown up together like brother and sister but it really does suck. Usually if Levi's good, Emma's not and vice versa. When we were leaving last night Levi was just waking up from his nap and was shitty to say the least so I assumed Matt was going to have a rough night of Levi complaining because Emma wouldn't leave him alone. Well, we got home about 7 and Gloria (who came to visit) was gone. I was assuming Levi had gone with her and I was right...but not for the reason I thought. Come to find out, Emma bit Levi so hard that she put teeth marks on him through his windbreaker!! Little snot. She's never bit anyone in her life, why now at almost 4 years old?! I could have just beat her! Matt told me he put her in time out but when we got home she got read the riot act and we told her that she can't see Levi for a week. She started crying again (she had a total meltdown after she bit him because she knew she was wrong) but wow. Seriously? Since when is it ok to bite?

Alright, I'm off. I need to eat breakfast, get showered, make Mads appointment at get her fed. I'll come back later to update on Mads.

No comments: