Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Humpday

So, I know I never came back on Monday...I know everyone was on pins and needles. *haha*

Well, we took Mads to the doctor Monday and she does indeed have an ear infection and fluid behind her ears. It was seriously the best bad news we'd gotten. She's on amoxicillan for 10 days and we can give her some Motrin for pain. Today's the first day she's not crawling around whining all day. BUT, she's still not sleeping. She was up twice last night and then up for the day at 6 this AM. She's only had a couple little cat naps in my arms because as soon as I go to lay her down in her crib, she wakes up crying. I elevated the end of her crib a little bit in hopes that it would help, but I can't say I've noticed a difference. We have to take her back on Monday to make sure that the fluid has cleared up and that the infection is gone. If she doesn't sleep soon...I'm gonna snap again.

It's been a rough week around here. I don't do real well with staying home all the time and we've been in the house since we got home from the doctors on Monday. That being said, I have cleaned the house, moved the furniture in the living room (with Darik's help of course), washed all the clothes, and got TONS of scrap pages done. I just think my sanity is a pretty big price to pay to do all that!

Not much new around here. We did find out yesterday that when the DirectTV guy came to fix our receiver about a month or two ago, he totally tore up the carpet! Now we have to document the whole thing, email them the pictures, what happened when he was here, blah, blah, blah. Darik wants them to pay to stretch our carpet back out and to fix the spot they lifted up but Lord knows that'll take a year to hear anything. I just wonder if it's really worth it. He'll do it just to prove a point! LOL

Speaking of Darik, he went today to bring back the tile we bought. He decided it was too much work for such a small spot. He's going to put something in the entryway. So, today he's on his way to Menard's to get the peel and stick "tile." I think it'll be fine. We just need something over there so the carpet doesn't get even more trashed.

Well, I need to get off here...Mads is back to whining and I need to get Emma dressed and what not.

No comments: