Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blah

Well, here it is, 5:30 AM and I've been up since 4:30 because Madelyn for some reason thinks the wee hours of the morning are play time. It wouldn't be so bad if Emma liked to sleep past 6 or 6:30 but it never fails...Emma's getting up just as Madelyn is going back to bed. Now, I'm a pretty intelligent girl, you'd think I'd learn to go to bed before 10 PM. Nope. That'd make too much sense! :o) I shouldn't complain though, it could be MUCH worse!

Emma is totally excited for school today. She gets to wear all her "outside gear" (snow pants, etc.) today because they're going to play outside. Have I mentioned how much I love that she loves school? If any of you know me, you know how scared I was for her to go to school. I think it's how every mother of a pre-schooler feels but Emma's always been one to not handle new situations well. She rides the bus to school everyday so that was an added stress as well. We had a very rough first week but now she loves it. She's recently started this whole thing of asking both Darik and me, "sooo...how was your good day today?" It's SOOO cute. It's like she's this little adult trying to have a conversation with us. Some days I just want to ask, "where has my little baby gone?!"

Umm, lets see, what else is going on in my little world? Madelyn has started pulling herself up on things. She even tries to stand on her own...it's so cute...
Isn't that the funniest thing ever? I know most parents can't wait for their kids to walk...but me with Mads...not so much! She is everything Emma wasn't. She is into everything, she climbs on stuff already, she loves plugs, she is loud (haha)...but you know, she is SO much fun. Keeps me on my toes, that's for sure!

Sheana and I are doing the Amazing DigiScrap Race again this year. Let me tell you, it's really been a bit of scrap therapy for me this year. As much as I bitch about the challenges and how they are hard for me to scrap, I love that it pushes me outside of my comfort zone and forces me to scrap about things I normally wouldn't ever think about scrapping.

Well, I suppose I'm off for the morning. I may be back later today...otherwise, I'll "see" y'all tomorrow!

No comments: