Friday, December 19, 2008

I freaking knew it....

So, I called it, yet again. Last night we were at my grandma's wake. Things were going better than I expected. Everyone was celebrating her life, which is exactly how she would have wanted it. Well, Lisa shows up, goes up to see her and comes back over to us and she's crying. So, I hug her, like any sister would. ALL my suspicions were confirmed. I told mom on Thanksgiving that I thought she was pregnant. Hugging her was all I had to do, she most definitely is. I pulled her aside and asked her if she was and she didn't lie, surprise, surprise, and she said she is. She's already 4 or 5 months along. It's a girl. She said she hasn't told anyone because she's "high risk." The baby's kidneys are enlarged which she said is a sign of downs syndrome. This is going to sound horrible but, they don't need a fifth child...let alone a 5th child that is special needs. She's afraid she's going to lose the baby and she "didn't want to jinx it." Whatever. I just feel so sorry for that poor baby already.

Today went a lot better than I expected. It's such a shame that I only get to see people like Todd, Jennifer, Julie, and Tony at these things but I'm always so glad to see them. We had a good time just reminiscing about Grandma and just chatting with each other. We took some pictures of all of us cousins and I can't wait to see them.

I talked to Cherrish yesterday and she told me I don't have to take the multivitamins right now. THANK GOD! She's going to bring me some chewable vitamins to Christmas so hopefully that'll help. So far today I've felt great!

I'm off to nap. It's been a long couple days, plus the weather is so crappy...perfect napping weather! :D

No comments: