Saturday, November 29, 2008

Just a boring Saturday

Ahh, the aftermath of Thanksgiving and Black Friday...nothing like doing nothing and sitting at home. That's what we've done the majority of the day today. We went this morning and got our family pictures done. They turned out really well, only crappy thing is my brother didn't show up. Every few years we get my mom a 10X13 photo of all of us and today was that. He must have decided he didn't need to show up. Nice huh? Here's the photo we got of us. Madelyn just wasn't smiley today...




















I thought they turned out pretty good!

I went shopping yesterday and got 95% of what I need done! Thank God! I got everything for Emma, except her Dance Cam, it was sold out everywhere I went, Madelyn's Sittin' Pretty Sing A Long Stage, Lisa's kids, Levi, and everything for Darik's family's exchange. I completely forgot about Ryan and Christopher so when I got home I got online, ordered Emma's Dance Cam, and a few things for Ryan. Christopher is just easier to get a gift card so we'll get that closer to Christmas. All we've got left is Darik's grandma and dad. Oh, and a few stocking stuffers for Madelyn. I'm SO glad I'm done with it all. Emma's going to be the happiest kid ever. Between all the stuff we got for her, Matt called last night and he got her all 6 of the HSM3 barbies at WalMart since they were on sale for $5. I love that she's so easy to please, it makes Christmas so worth it for her.

I'm getting closer and closer to surgery day. It's kind of unreal actually. I need to sit and write out a "schedule" for Madelyn and Emma for Darik (and mom...but I'm not as worried about her). He's here every night with me, "watching" me do it all but I know he doesn't actually pay attention. In fact, he asked me to write it out for him! SO not typical of him! I'm going to miss them all so much. I think that's more what I'm worried about than anything else. I think Emma will do ok but I don't know about Madelyn. I know it's silly to worry about something I have no control over but, I'll be damned if I'm not worried! I've already lost 10 pounds. I'm glad this diet was good for something. I admit, I ate more than I should have for Thanksgiving...and I totally snuck a few bites of cherry cheesecake (my absolute favorite), but ya know, I deserved it I think. This has been so hard....and it'll all be worth it in the end. It was so hard picking out pictures today because I was so horrified by what I looked like in all of them. I can't wait to look at a picture of myself and not have "triple neck."

Anywho, I should probably get to cleaning around here. I'd hate to come home to a disgusting house...plus, it's almost dinner time for us.

No comments: