Monday, November 24, 2008

*insert witty title here*

I'm pooped. It was a totally long day today. Emma is staying home from school all week (well, they only have school today and Tuesday so not all week but you know what I mean) and already today you could tell she was totally bored with being at home.

We put up the tree today. I figure, since I'm not going to be home the beginning of next week, now was as good a time as any. Emma LOVED hanging all the decorations on the tree. Although, now she thinks Santa is coming. Right now. I keep telling her it's going to be a long time but she just doesn't get it. I think it's going to be a long month! Madelyn is just fascinated by all the lights. Maybe she'll actually try to crawl to it. Girl has no desire to crawl at all. She's happy just rolling around everywhere she goes.

This time next week, I'll have had my surgery. That kind of freaks me out a little bit. I mean, I'm not scared for the surgery so much as the after. I know it's going to be hard...and I'm kinda bummed I won't have my mommy with me. Isn't that pathetic? I'm 31 years old and want my mom! Darik's mom is coming so it's not like I'm going to be alone but, it's not my mom. Oh well, I'll survive just like I always do.

I've decided I'm not going to go shopping on Black Friday this year. :( Mom decided she's going with Dad somewhere for the night so I'm just not going to go. It'd be kinda silly for me to go with Emma, when she's who I'd be shopping for mostly.

So, I'm kind of irked this evening. Darik got rained out today. Whatever, I figured he would go hunting this morning and he did. He came home afterwards. Stayed for about 10 or 15 minutes, then left again to go out to the farm and work on his blind. Came home about 4 and someone called him to go out hunting again and he left. Now, this is the man who said he wasn't going to do anything when he got home from work today. He laid on the couch with Emma about 6 to watch Robin Hood (for the 3rd time today!) and promptly fell asleep. Ok, I can deal with the hunting thing. He's done that since we started dating, there's nothing I can do about that, but, seriously. If I wanted to raise two kids by myself, I wouldn't have asked for his help. Emma lives for him to give her a shower every night, and I don't think it's a lot for me to ask him to stay up till 7:30 to do it. So I had to go and give her a shower, crying the whole time because she wants Daddy to give her a shower. Fun, huh? Not only is Emma crabby but so is Madelyn. And he still lays there sleeping on the couch. I wake him up at 8 to go to bed...and he falls asleep sitting up! GAH! I know he's a good Dad and Husband 90% of the time, but it's those little things that really irk me. I need help at night putting them to bed. I don't need him falling asleep and leaving me to do it on my own.

Anywho, I'm off for tonight. I need to finish my calenders and Christmas cards so I can send them off to be printed before Monday. Leave it to me to wait until the last minute!

No comments: