Friday, January 8, 2010

We've got Cabin Fever

We are very quickly running out of indoor "fun things."  We've played Wii, we've played CandyLand, we've played Crazy 8's, we've colored, we've made snowflakes, we've played in the snow, we've had a teaparty, we've played "backrub," needless to say, everyone is sick of each other.  It's stopped snowing and now it's supposed to get cold.  I sometimes wish that we lived in a warmer climate, but then I stop and realize, as much as I complain about it, I really do love that we have different seasons.  So, please, allow me some time to bitch, and in the spring you'll get sick of me gushing!

Here's our cabin fever induced 365 pic of the day.  The girls were so cute playing together this AM.  Madelyn decided it was going to be great fun to crawl through Emma's legs.  Emma didn't understand at first but then they played like that for about 20 minutes.


It's been a strange couple of days here.  Honestly.  My faithful blog readers know how much of a hunting buff Darik is.  He worked at the local hunt club here as a guide, in fact, he pretty much ran the club.  Well, look closer at the previous sentence.  Yes.  That's right.  I said worked.  Last night he quit.  Now, this will be great for us family time wise, but that's our income for the winter (minus unemployment).  I am in no way saying I'm upset, because I am really ecstatic that he'll be around more, but wow.  That was his life.  Has been for 2, almost 3 years.  He's going to be a bored, restless man, I know that much.  I honestly can't see him totally quitting but for now, he's very mad and just is done.

I also found out yesterday that my sister is now engaged.  I'm kind of torn on the whole situation.  I love that she's finally found someone that is perfect for her, Lord knows she deserves it.  Only downfall, her boyfriend has no job.  He's not even really looking for one.  I hate to be Debbie Downer, I just don't want to see her miserable.

Ok, that's all for today I guess.  Hopefully the roads will be plowed and passable soon.  This staying in the house for 3 days has been for the birds!

Until next time...

10 comments:

Lena said...

You're not Debbie Downer...that makes total sense! I hope things will be ok for you guys financially, and I hope you enjoy your time with your hubby!

Jessica knorr said...

Hope you have a good time with your husband being home. Mine has been home for like 13 months now. He was out of work alot since November 2008 and finally lost his job completely in December. It is nice at times but also really stressful because we have no steady income. He is due to have surgery soon for his back injuries so hopefully he will either get better enough to be able to work or will finally have his disability approved. Also hope you can stay sane being stuck inside all the time. I know that is tough too!!

Vanessa said...

Sounds like you've been playing lots of fun indoor activities. We've been playing some Rock Band, a other things. Winter time can totally suck!

DawnMarch said...

I agree with Lena that you are just being realistic, not a downer. Hope you get shoveled out soon! You could always try sack races -- they worked at our house. I blogged about it once upon a time.

http://dawnmarchantphotography.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/03/mommy-tip-of-th.html

Nonnie said...

WOW - big week for you!! You are so not Debbie Downer! Like Lena said, it does make sense. If quitting makes him happier, then in the long run it is good for the both of you(in theory)! BTW I so know what you mean about being cooped up in the house! We were so tired of being in the house we went and hung out at target for like 2 hours last night!! The weather has to get better!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I hope you can escape the house for a bit today. It's freezing here but no snow

Nikki said...

no debbie downer, concerned.

I hope you guys will be ok - I think about you all the time ♥

Your photo today is ADORABLE!

Melissa said...

Wow! Look at all the great activities you've come up with for the kids to do. So sorry that they can't get outside and blow some stink off but to look on the bright side, spring is just a couple months away!

Unknown said...

Too bad we don't live near each other - I think we'd get along great and so would our kids! Hugs!

Traci Reed said...

Well they can't pay for a wedding with no money! She should set the standards NOW!