Tuesday, July 28, 2009

*sniff sniff*

4 years ago today, my Emma was born. It seems impossible that it's been 4 years, but she seems so much older than 4 to me at the same time. I seriously still remember the morning she was born like yesterday. 12:21 AM on July 28, 2005, our lives changed forever. Who would have known that we would have such a caring, sweet, dramatic, tenderhearted, mature, and wise beyond her years baby girl? We aren't doing a whole lot of anything special today. This morning, if the rain holds out, Emily and I are going to take the kids to the park, we're supposed to go to lunch with my mom and Aunt Kathy today, and then this evening after dinner (corned beef, Emma's favorite), Darik's parents, brother, and grandma (and of course Levi), are coming over to give her their presents. Gloria's bringing an ice cream cake and I know Emma will love that! It kinda irks me that they feel they have to come over to give her her presents before her party because they don't like that they "get lost in the shuffle," but whatever. It's supposed to rain tonight so we'll just be crammed into the house...not an easy task at all. I'm going to go ahead and give her her presents this AM. Well, some of them. She'll get her Hannah Montana guitar (she's DYING for it), some clothes, some undies, and a pair of shoes this morning and then tonight Darik is going to stop on his way home from work and pick up her bike. She's going to freak when he comes home with it! Tomorrow we're going with my mom to Joliet to the mall so she'll probably get a few more little things then. Her party is Sunday and she's sooo excited for everyone to come. So far we've only gotten RSVP's from her "boyfriend" Alex and his brother Cayden. I know my family will be there and my friends, that's really all that's important!

The official "end of summer" blues has hit. Emma is VERY ready to go back to school and we're trying to fit everything in now that we know the end is near. We've been going to the beach, the park, taking lots of walks, and just trying to do as much as possible. We've gone to the zoo quite a few times and we're trying to spend as much time with my mom as we can before she goes back to school. I have a feeling Emma won't start until after Labor Day but I think Mom goes back the 12th or something silly like that. :( Who'd have thought that after all this time I'd still hate to see the end of summer?

Yesterday we had Lynae and the kids over for dinner. Nothing fancy, we just ordered pizzas, but it was our last official hurrah before Nae goes back to work. It's been so nice having her and Emily around this summer, I think I'm in for a rude awakening when they both are back at work!

Well, Miss Thang is now up and we're going to watch the Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana concert again, so until next time...

1 comment:

Faye said...

Happiest happy birthday to Emma!! <3 We're having a corned beef tonight, too, how funny! I will enjoy it in her honor then! :D