Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My poor, neglected, little blog

So, I've been feeling bad for my little bloggie. I did so good for so long and then summer gets here, and I suck.

We haven't really been doing a whole lot, just lots of playing outside and go, go, go. Darik is back working 40+ hours a week so it's me and the girls most days...and evenings. I'm so very thankful that he got the job with "D" but the selfish side of me really misses him. We have this all or none issue with Darik and working. I hate summer time when he's gone all the time, but I also hate winter time when he's laid off! *hehe* Speaking of Darik, we've really been working on trying to get "us" back. Our 6 year anniversary is in September, and we've been together for almost 10 years. **wow, that's freaking crazy** We definitely had fallen into that "rut." He comes home at night, we hang out with the girls for a little while and then we each sit in our respective recliners and either watch TV (for him) or mess around on the computer (me). We've just really gotten into the habit of taking each other for granted. SO, I decided that it's time for me to stop thinking about me. I'm going to do nice things for him and we both decided that we're going to stop and enjoy each other like we used to. Friday nights are now movie nights for us. We joined NetFlix and so far we've watched 3 movies. That's more than we've watched in um, a year. Literally. We've also decided that on Sunday nights we're going to watch True Blood together. We've always both watched it but we've never taken time to really sit with each other. I've got to admit, our relationship has changed so much in the past couple of weeks, and I'm guessing it has everything to do with that.

Emma update: Not a whole lot to report on Miss Thang. She's not enjoying summer "puh-cation," I do know that. About 3 or 4 times a week she asks me if she can go to school. I'm going to have to remind her of that in about 4 or 5 years, I'm sure. She just started swimming lessons on Monday and LOVES them. I was really worried about her because she doesn't do well in new situations but luckily, she really loves one of her teachers. They're all younger, high-school-ish kids and Emma sort of latched on to this one girl and she does whatever she asks her to. The first day she had her whole head under water...a HUGE achievement for Emma. Let's see....um, we go back to the eye doctor in September with her. Not sure if I mentioned it, when we took her in April we were supposed to dialate her eyes and decided about surgery but we wound up waiting in the waiting room for an hour and a half before even seeing the doctor so they didn't want to keep us waiting any longer. Good for us since we had Madelyn with us, but not good because now we have to go back. We're gearing up for Emma's birthday on the 28th. We'll be having her party on August 2nd and she seriously can not wait. She's already got the 4 year old attitude. That's what we've been dealing with LOTS. The mouth. I know a lot of it is my fault because I carry a very sarcastic tone with her, but she is a sass, ooooh!

Madelyn update: She hasn't even sort of been sick since she got her tubes in. She's walking, scratch that, she's running everywhere she can. She's a big explorer and doesn't want to stop for anything or anyone. Stinks because I've lost my little snuggly baby but I'm loving this age that she's at. She's such a little person anymore. She's starting to talk (Mom, Dada, "memma," "dinky," "dady" (baby), "blankie"...it's really a fun time with her. While Emma's our drama queen, Madelyn is definitely the more free-spirited, easy going, independant one. She definitely has a personality of her own and everyone who meets her loves her instantly. Not much new with her besides just watching her little personality begin to shine through. She was definitely a right decision.

Update on me: Well, I am officially past my first weight loss goal! I have lost 103 (ish) pounds since surgery in December and I feel soooo good! I love being outside with the girls, we walk at least a mile a day, I have more self-confidence, and I'm just a happier person in general. I had someone hit on me for the first time (I think ever) today! As weird as it was, it made me feel so good. Sick, huh? Everything was good at my 6 month checkup...levels were good...weight loss was beyond what they expected. I just hope I can keep it up. There would be nothing more deflating than gaining weight back. Oh my God, I would literally spiral into a depression I think.

I've been working with my creative teams a lot lately. I've finally gotten to a point with my scrapping where I like most everything I create. A huge step for me. I'm on teams that I absolutely LOVE and I have almost completely quit buying stuff (digiscrap wise) because of this. That's what's been keeping me busy mostly. I guess I replaced the food with digital scrapbooking...not a bad thing, huh?

THat's about it on our end. I'm definitely going to try to keep up better from now on. I got into a funk of not blogging so I need to get back into that. Hopefully now I will!

Until next time...

2 comments:

Kresta said...

Wow - congrats on the weight loss!! I know it must be hard, but it's so rewarding to have that self-confidence!

Lena said...

Wow, that is a LOT of weight to lose! My husband lost 125 lbs so I have watched it firsthand...but still it's amazing! Congratulations!