Friday, July 10, 2009

I'm such a crab today

I'm not really sure why either. I think it started when my BIL came over at 7:30 this morning as I was going to get in the shower...scratch that...I know it started then. I've been watching Levi all week in the mornings before the kids go to swimming lessons. No big deal. He's been dropping him off about 8. I've been getting in the shower at 7:30 all week since Madelyn's wall is shared with the bathroom wall, and I hate to wake her up. Well, today, as I'm getting in the shower I hear a knocking on the door. It's Matt. Dropping off Levi. SO mad. Whatever, I get my shower and make Emma & Levi watch tv in the living room. I guess since they behaved so well together yesterday, I should have expected them to be horrible today...because they SO were. I told them not to run around up in Emma's room because it was really loud down here and Madelyn was still sleeping. I think I yelled at them, oh, 4 times. Once even warranted a time out for both of them. It was a very long 2 hours before we went to swimming lessons. We get there and of course, Levi was causing trouble before they got in the water. He kept egging Ryan on and Ryan kept getting in trouble. They get in the water and Levi's getting in trouble with the teacher. 1/2 an hour goes by and it starts storming, so, they all get out and go to the little office type deal to have a safety "class." Ryan told us that Levi got in trouble because he was up dancing around and not listening to the teachers. I just really don't know what to do with him. Hell, I shouldn't have to be worrying about him. I feel bad for him because he doesn't have a stable disciplinarian in his life, but, I really can't do much about it.

After swimming lessons, and almost drowning in the sudden severe storm we had, we went and picked up my mom to meet Lisa and her kids at Polk-a-dot. Not a good idea after dealing with Levi all morning. Lisa has never been on to watch her kids or make them behave. Why should today be any different? I spent most of our time there telling Cody to sit down or Skylar to chill out or picking up Aiyden and making him sit down. I'm SO glad that my children behave...most of the time...and listen to me. GAWD!

We don't have any big plans for the weekend, that I'm aware of. Note I say, that I'm aware of. Darik always likes to throw these curve balls at me. Sunday afternoon his mom is coming over to watch the girls (well, they'll probably be napping, but still) so we can go see a movie and grab some dinner. I'm excited. We haven't gone out in awhile and we SO need to get away from the girls for just a little while. We interact so much better when we get to do that.

I guess that's all for now...I've rained on your parade enough today :o)

Until next time...

2 comments:

Kresta said...

Well, I hope you have a great afternoon Sunday to make up for today! Hugs!

Faye said...

I'm sorry, hon. I know you want to do right by your nephew, but someone needs to kick his dad in the ass. I wish I could come do it for you! :D